Turing Tumble Community

Balls get stuck

I’ve had a problem with balls getting stuck and not rolling to to the ball release. It’s happened several times on the blue side, and I think it may have occurred on the red side. Has anybody else had this problem? Any suggestions? Perhaps I could tilt the stand back a bit.

IMG_5170

2 Likes

I haven’t seen this happen before. I don’t know if it’s just pixelation in the image or if the balls are really like that, but are those balls not round? They look like they have flat spots. That’s not right. If that’s really the case, send us an email at hello@turingtumble.com and we’ll send you new balls.

Yes, there are flat spots. Here’s a closeup:
IMG_5179
The ball isn’t rolling because it is flat on the bottom too.

I checked all the balls, and it appears that I have one blue ball and one red ball with dual flat spots.

Ironically, I was reading “Astrophysics for People in a Hurry” by Neil deGrasse Tyson and he was discussing how perfect metal spheres can be manufactured on a space station (page 136).

I’ll send you my contact information separately. Thanks!

1 Like

Wow, it looks like it’s painted all over, so it must have happened before the manufacturer even got their hands on it. Geez - I wonder how that even happened.

Anyone else have this issue?