Turing Tumble Community

Bits not functioning correctly

I’m running into some troubles with the blue bits sometimes not working correctly. Sometimes they get stuck in the middle rather than hitting either side, sometimes the get stuck with a ball that doesn’t roll out, and sometimes they tend to pull away from the board and drop the ball behind them. This last one seems to happen when the ball is traveling faster. Any suggestions for improving bit reliability?

1 Like

@keydetpiper I apologize for not replying sooner to this. Are you still having problems with the bits? We did have a manufacturing run that had a bit of extra flashing on some of the pieces. Once they have been used for a handful of puzzles, the flashing rubs off and they start working better. I hope your trouble didn’t last long!

The bits seem to work better when the marble is traveling more slowly. For faster marbles, like those that come off a straight run of two or three ramps, adding a gasket behind the bit seems to improve its functioning.

1 Like

I’m glad that is doing the trick!

I’m having similar issues to the OP, with the set that I just received. Particularly the blue bits when flipped will sometimes “bounce” off the desired final position and end up in a middle state. What should I be looking for in terms of the issue you mention?

As a workaround, I’ve sometimes been adding friction washers to slow down the blue bits, or else to slow down the ball before it gets here.