Distinguishing ball bearings

I got a TT board for Christmas, and we’re busy printing parts, which is going well so far. I was given a set of 5/16 ball bearings to use as the red and blue balls…but now I’m realizing I won’t be able to distinguish between the ones that start on each side. My first thought was to sharpie the ones on one side… but it turns out that sharpie doesn’t actually stick. Any ideas for marking the ball bearings?

How about spray paint? Possibly the high temp enamel kind?

Unfortunately, there’s no paint that’s going to stick to chrome without a lot of prep work I didn’t want to do on tiny ball bearings. We did find a workable solution, though! My husband is a smarty-pants, and decided to try discoloring the chrome on some of the ball bearings using regular yellow mustard. He put some mustard (and some vinegar, just to thin it out) in a glass custard cup, put the chrome ball bearings in the mixture, and put it in a 200 degree oven for a few hours (just to speed the chemical reaction up, room temp overnight would work, too, I’m sure). I’m going to try to attach a picture of the result. It definitely makes them distinct, it darkens them and makes them less shiny.