Turing Tumble Community

Drawing / Paper / Sketches

Drawing / Paper / Sketch
.Turing Tumble - Base 1.0 TLO 02 - 2000
For educational purposes, I believe that at some point we all need a paper medium to be able to express the geometry of a possible solution with all the details that can be created with a sketch in hand … and not with the board.
Also, when you are in transport, it is impossible to play on the set, but you still have ideas coming up :sweat_smile:
And for very complex solutions, I think that’s the only way to figure it out, much faster than the board.
So here is my idea of ​​a paper base. You can print it and draw on it.
Enjoy - Thomas
IMG_9890

1 Like

Turing Tumble - Base 1.0 TLO 02.pdf (28.5 KB)

2 Likes

@Tom.FR Thank you for making this! We have had people ask for a paper version, especially educators. Would you be willing to draw out a puzzle so that I can see how each symbol relates to each part?

What is the use of drawing on paper and how can I use it?
The drawing on paper is a complement to the board, the two are used in parallel and in complementarity.
Paper has the following advantages:

• Great speed of action - you draw faster than you place the pieces on the board;
  • A parallel view of several options - you have several papers while you only have one board ;
  • Possible archiving of your thinking and the steps you took to get there;
  • Greater fluidity in expressing intentions and concepts - you can outline needs for “registers”, their size, their arrangement, without knowing at the time how to place them, but first of all defining your need;
  • Good efficiency in distorting registers, by drawing quickly, in order to try to fit them all into the picture - which is one of the major challenges of complex solutions;
  • Better portability - allowing you to continue your thinking when you leave your board, on public transport for example.
  • Easier counting of the outputs of your registers - you can name the marbles by their number and write on the paper where they come out and in what order - but you cannot write on the board;
    In summary, we would say that the paper brings a synthesized and immediate vision of a complex solution where the vision of the board only brings a perception in time of the sequence.