Turing Tumble Community

I Ching Wisdom Generator

Hi, all. I just got Turing Tumble and set it up, have not done anything, yet, although plan to in next few days. But I already have a puzzle I’d like to create: an I Ching hexagram generator, similar to the way one would calculate using Yarrow Stalks to consult the I Ching. If any of you, dear readers, are familiar with what I am talking about, please let me know, and if you have any ideas for implementation, please do tell! In the meantime I will read a bit and start the first couple of puzzles.

Turing Tumble currently does not have a component that can generate a random value to simulate, for example, a coin flip. Is that what you were intending with this idea?

It would be difficult to get something random. You could get close, though, by having a field full of bits and linking some of them. Then it wouldn’t be random, it would be in a very long pattern.

exactly right. another user was discussing marking each marble with a 1 or a 2, which would randomize the arithmetic result… As I said, any ideas welcomed.