Turing Tumble Community

Mini Tumble Laser cut

4 Likes

Whoa! That’s amazing! Nice work! It’s really interesting to see it that size. Does it work yet?

Yes it works. Maybe not as reliable as I would like. I have run into 2 problem areas. The first is that the pins on your Tumble are larger (around .025 in) than my 1/8 in pins so the parts have much more wiggle room (sometimes jump right off the board. The other problem is with the swing angle. I may have to tweak that a bit because sometimes the balls hang up.

1 Like

Using Turing Tumble parts

Using some laser cut parts

1 Like

Very nice! It looks like you’ve got it all worked out using laser cut parts. It would be easier to scale up and make a bigger one with your plans. Any chance you’d be willing to share them? Thus would be really helpful for people with a laser cutter. I’d like to try some things with it, too. :slight_smile: Well done!

I would love to share.
I do feel like the kid trying to solve a hard math problem who is suspicious that he has gone wrong somewhere because the answers are not round numbers.
For instance, I get the distance between rows/columns as 1.056 inches.
I do hope to make a 2ft by 3ft model eventually.
My current problem is with gears…my gear bits won’t drive a second one using a gear. Back to the drawing board.