Turing Tumble Community

Hello Turing Tumble Community!

Hello everyone! I wanted to introduce myself. My name is David Shapiro. I am a relatively new employee here at Turing Tumble. My main role is to help design new products and make improvements to Turing Tumble. I will also act as a moderator and admin for the Turing Tumble Community page. Please let me know if you have any questions. I am happy to help!

1 Like

Hi David–Thanks for introducing yourself. It would be nice if the pages were more interactive, but I guess that’s something that depends on us.

Hello Dave. Does “new products” include toys and games not based on the TT backboard?

Hello Bob. Yes we are currently working on a new product that does not use the Turing Tumble system. The new product will teach a different scientific/engineering concept in a similar mechanical/puzzle-solving/story-telling way. Expect to hear more about in the next couple of months!

2 Likes

yay! so glad this is getting added to.

I just submitted Elementary TT: Use Many Slots in the New Puzzles category. It is a challenge that was inspired by mimihess and eric, both of whom are members of this community. How can I get a message to them? I would like them to try the challenge and then give me some feedback. I don’t see a mechanism by which I can msg an individual, except as a reply. What am I missing?

Hello Dave, I feel like I have reached a limit to the basic idea and possibility of my Turing Tumble. It seems a fundamentally new part could open the door to a whole new range of puzzles and possibilities. Have there been any such new part proposed or developed?

Hi Randy,
If you have any ideas, we would love to hear them!

1 Like

A guide to the later puzzles would be very welcome, like the Teacher’s Guide to the first 30 puzzles. I know we’re supposed to learn everything we need from the previous puzzles but I’m honestly stumped by some of the later puzzles. Even when I build the solution as shown, I can see that it works but the theory of how it works and the computing concept being taught are beyond me. I need more explanation.

Off the top of my head, here are some things I would like to see:

• Randomizer: a flip gate that redirects the ball randomly
  • Column Collector: a container that collects balls in a vertical stack
  • Release Trigger: a part that can be placed anywhere on the board which triggers the release of another ball.
  • Weight trigger: a collector part that becomes a ramp after a certain number has been collected.
  • Hold and Release: a part pair where one part will hold a ball and then release it when the other part anywhere on the board receives and holds a ball.
  • Lift: a way to automatically return balls to the top of the board.
1 Like

In addition to the ones I listed, how about something like an led light or a bell that is triggered when a ball moves past.

Love these ideas! Thank you for sharing.

Hi David. Is it possible to create puzzles on this site? I’m new :sweat_smile: